Subject: DISPLACEMENT MAPS
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 94 10:05:15

>   Okay, now i know i am not crazy!!!! YEaa-hoooo
 > 
 >   I tried a displacement map..it worked...erased teh scene...loaded 
 > teh 
 > same object..used same displacement map settings..walla!!! the plane 
 > is 
 > still flat and the displacement function no longer works..anyone 
 > else 
 > have this problem???? I use 3.1 right now.

Sorry to disappoint you there, but I've used the disp maps countless times,
they work like a charm. Sounds like your displacement values aren't high enough
to make a visible dent in your object. i.e. if you have an object 1km by 1km
across and displace it by 1 millimeter you wouldn't notice it. Try pushing up
the Texture Amplitude setting.

Alan Chan                                                                   
Graphics/Animation Design                                                    
Vision Video Systems                                                         
[email-masked]